December 14, 2014

Is Meta Tag Keyword Important For Better Ranking?

On every website, meta tags add before <head> section, and provide some information about it to search engine which crawl the site, and also to get better ranking in search results. One of meta tags is meta tag keyword.

Is Meta Tag Keyword Important For Better Ranking?

The answer is NO. Some big search engine ignore this meta tag when crawl a website, that's way I am not use meta tag keyword on every website or blog which I built, and let search engine crawl my article title or every word inside the article page to became a keywords and show in they search results.

A big reason which make me not use a meta tag keyword is google article on webmaster central blog, they said not use a meta tag keywords to ranking web search results on google search engine, you can read all about that on this link: http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.com/2009/09/google-does-not-use-keywords-meta-tag.html.

Below is meta tags which usually I used in my website <head> section:

<meta charset='utf-8'/>
<meta content='xxxxxxxxx' name='msvalidate.01'/>
<meta content='xxxxxxxxx' name='google-site-verification'/>
<meta content='blogger' name='generator'/>
<link href='https://plus.google.com/xxxxx' rel='publisher'/>
<meta content='My Blog Description Here...' name='description'/>
<title>My Blog Title</title>

You can see I am also not use meta tag robots, because by default a robots will follow and index all your wesbite or blog, except you want exclude some page or image to not index and not follow by search engine, you better leave this meta tag default.

For references which meta tags should add on your website or blog, you can read this link: https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/79812?hl=en

That's it and I hope this can be useful.
Thank You.


You might want to see other posts:

1 comment: